Projections of the Future


2028: If Net Neutrality remains consistent and the internet as we have grown to know it for the past few years stays the same, I think that the use of social media platforms like Instagram will continue to be useful-- if not, integral-- ways for artists like myself to get their work out there. I also think that virtual reality will become a more common phenomenon, especially given that Ringling just announced the emergence of a virtual reality major.

2038: Adobe programs will ideally become more accessible both monetarily and in regards to how they are programmed/their user-friendliness. Virtual reality is perhaps something that is incorporated into our daily lives, or at least something that doesn't sound nearly as outlandish as it does to us now.

2048: Virtual reality can be incorporated perhaps into schooling, creating more job opportunities for artists who are involved.

2058: As technology develops I feel that opportunities for artists will continue to grow; of course there are discussions of AI programs and the like being able to take over and do much of the work for us, especially in regards to design and animation, but I feel that artists will always find their place in society, and are always necessary to some capacity. Not to mention, the emergence of new technologies, platforms, and even environmental sustainability needs that we may not necessarily foresee right now may provide more opportunities.


Personal life over that same 50 years, how it's changed, what's happened, what do you see for yourself etc. etc. etc.

Once I graduate I can see myself doing apprenticeships, jobs, trying things out and doing freelance work; essentially, bouncing around and seeing what fits. Eventually my goal is to work for Lucasfilm and at their San Francisco studios as part of their visual development/creative team, and ideally even as part of the team of writers involved in creating Star Wars films (I'm an illustration major double minoring in creative writing and visual development!). I'd also like to do graphic novels-- specifically for Marvel, mostly because they are the company releasing all of the Star Wars comics as of late. But those are the ideal scenarios. I'd like to own a house and have an Alaskan Malamute and some tortoises. Maybe if I find someone I really like I'll marry them or something.

70 year old self: Work hard! Stay focused! Self comparison is the devil; hone in on your strengths and weaknesses and only measure yourself against your own progress. Your journey is your own. Don't doubt yourself and just do it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frankenstein and Images Conjured by the Gothic

Assessment